Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Parental Control - NOT!

I work on serious things for people.  By serious I mean that at the end of our months of working together you might leave very happy or very sad with a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life ruining 95% of any future job prospects and life ambitions that you may hold dear to your heart.  That serious.

So will someone please tell me why the branch/arm/tentacle of the US Government decided that it would be a good idea to put a thrift store and WIC on the floor below me?  Why are the children’s gymnastics/dance class on my right side and piano lessons on my left?  Why did they put Army Family Team Building across the hall from my office?  Why is it that when I have to explain decisions that will lead to a maximum punishment of 24 months instead of Life In Prison (without the possibility of parole) I have to speak over the unattended children screaming in the hall.

When the parents are in the hall with their children they talk to each other while their offspring run and scream and climb and throw random objects at each other.  Sometimes these parents actually pay attention to their children.  Unfortunately this often involves stripping and changing their 9 yr old daughters in the middle of the hall.  Or, they are allowing their children to use the one public bathroom on the floor (the one I have to use) with the door completely open, while they are 80 feet away with ten adults and 17 children between them.

To this I say: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT a private company.  It is a PUBLIC building with open access to the world.  Don’t rely on me to correct your child’s behavior (I do anyway, but that is for my own sanity).  If you can’t be bothered to attempt to control your kids, don’t have them.  Really don’t have a second or third.  After the first one you should have clued into the fact that unprotected sex could lead to pregnancy.

Have some respect for others.  I have people deciding their fate in my office.  Don’t belittle their lives by inflicting yours on them.

Have some respect for your fellow person, yourself, and your children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide