Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

When you have Stuff

For once the Army delivered. They were absolutely correct when they said that it would take 90 days for our household goods to arrive in Germany from Hawaii. On Day 90 our stuff was delivered to our house. Boxes and boxes of stuff arrived. Sure, I am happy that most of our things made it here safely. However, I did not find in myself any sense of joy that our things were here.

I believe that I have learned not to value the material. I have my family. I have most of my health. A roof over my head and food in my stomach. I truly do not need much more. True, I love books. I also really like my PS2. But the truth in the matter is that I can get by with the library. So what do I value?

Conversation adds spice to life. Knowledge feeds the mind. Experience brings richness to being. If you have that, what more do you need?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide