Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

It's within you!

What is it about life that people find so hard to deal with? In the past two months I have come across so many people that find the pressures that others place on them overwhelming. These people find it almost impossible to see that their future actually lies within their own hands. It reminds me of something that happen to me while I was in Basic Training.

During one of our "classes" one of our Drill Sergeants asked what gave them power over us, the recruits. Many answers were given, from the Constitution to "The Law". Then I raised my hand and was called upon. My answer was very simple, "We give you power." The Drill Sergeants laughed, said I was wrong, and started to move on, but I was able to say, "Your power comes from that which we give you. Without that, you don't have any power." Basically, they moved on very fast, talking about different Army Regulations.

Here is the truth about most of life, as a global community our underlying belief is that we can prosper individually as long as we cooperate. To accomplish that goal, we go along with what others say to the extent as to proceed with our immediate or long term goals. It is the same in our personal lives. What is your goal and how do you get there. Much can be achieved without sacrificing your dignity and happiness. If you find yourself blocked, step back, re-evaluate, and try again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide