Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Moving Day

The sun rose above the horizon, signaling the dawn of a new day, a moving day. We got up, prepared ourselves, and went out to greet our new house. For the next few years this will be our piece of serenity, our home.

When we left Hawaii we had less than two weeks from the time we got our orders to the time we arrived in Germany. In other words, thanks Uncle Sam. The Army is the Army. There is no use complaining, yelling into the wind. But like the butterfly, if you flap your wings just right even the smallest among us can create world change. (Butterfly Effect: Look it up)

Leaving Hawaii with such a short suspense did not allow our household goods to be shipped ahead of time. So, our furniture, kitchen supplies, car, etc. will take over 90 days to get to us. In the mean time we don’t have any cookware in our new home. Therefore, on our first night in our home in Germany we celebrated by going out to dinner at the Chinese restaurant at the end of the block. It is sad that I had to leave Hawaii and go to Germany just to get decent Chinese food. My son’s fortune cookie had two fortunes. The first said that Thursday would be a lucky day for him. How about that today is Thursday and he got a new home, complete with a bigger room. His second fortune said that he would be lucky in love. My wife wondered it that would happen on a Thursday.

My wife’s fortune said that she would receive good advice from a relative. Mine said that I would have good luck in April. Wow, my son gets instant gratification, while I have to wait ten months just to have some good luck. Watch, I will find a penny. Or, maybe I will get two extra fries with my value meal. I could have a day at work where everyone I spoke to was brilliant and without personal or professional problems. Right.

Everyday is a joy, so maybe my luck will be that every day during the month of April will still be a joy, just like last April, and May, and June, and July….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide