Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Finding your way

The other day there was a knock at my door. To my surprise there was a nice mid/late 40ish German woman there. She said that she had talked to my wife and was back to see her. "Your wife is Korean?" "No, she's not." "Oh, how long have you lived here?" Needless to say, she was looking for the someone that had already moved out of the area. Since the nice Korean woman no longer lived here, she decided to attempt to launch into her speech to sell me on Christianity. This was mistake number one. Her second mistake was to see if I was worried about the state of the world because of "the bombings in England and all the terrorism." This sales tactic made mistake number one so much bigger in my mind.

First, know your audience. I am an ordained minister. Even before I was ordained I was well versed in my spiritual search. Thank you, but no, I am not in need of your spiritual saving crusade.

Second, do not exploit the tragic loss of life of others to advance your personal agenda. This is especially true for a member of the United States Armed Forces that has happen to have served in a combat zone and personally spoken to the residents of Afghanistan.

I find it personally insulting that instead of relying on the message of God, this woman was using scare tactics to convert.

To everyone that is out there: If you cannot sell God by showing God, you may need to re-evaluate what you are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide