Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What do I want?

I asked a very good friend what she wanted. And she answered this question the other day on her blog, and while she didn't ask me to answer the same question, I feel that it is only fair that I give my answer as well. My entire answer can be summed up in one word: Happiness.

I do not desire fame. I do not want money. I do not need things. All I want is to be happy. My wife and son make me happy. My cats make me happy. Reading makes me happy. Learning makes me happy. My job makes me happy. Giving my best at whatever I am doing makes me happy. Doing a good job makes me happy. Doing a great job makes me happy. Doing a not so good job, but giving my best makes me happy. Seeing that my family is happy makes me happy. Heck, breathing makes me happy.

I did not grow up with money. Nor, did I grow up wanting. There was a roof over our heads and clothes on our backs. At one point as a child I could literally put my hand through the hole on one side of my shoe and it could go all the way through and out the hole on the other side. But, when winter came, my clothing was enough for the elements.

I was never into the latest greatest things. Sure things are nice, but they are not anything that I actually desire.

Now, after you get to know me you may come to the conclusion that I want to change the world. Not true. Oh, I will admit that I expect to change the world. That belief though comes from the fact that one person can have an impact on the life of someone else. May actually change the course of that person life. It may be three people, four, one hundred, or even more. If you try your best, and people see it, it can't help but to make those people at least stop and think about it for a second or two. If enough people see you the odds are in your favor that by your example alone you will get someone else to attempt to give a little bit more somewhere down the line. How much effort are you giving?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you do those links to other web sites in your text? i've been trying to figure that one out ...

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide