Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Rediscovering Myself Through Memories: A Sojourner Home

Over the past few weeks I took the opportunity to go on a journey of rediscovery. Some of you might call it a vacation, but I have not had one of those since before the turn of the century. Flying from Hawaii to the east coast I submerged myself in the familiar. Familiar, but different too as all things of life are changed by time. Not only does the landscape change due to “progress”, but people do as well. Growth both in maturity and age were evident. This journey allowed me to come to terms with myself as well. Giving me the opportunity to look upon myself from the past and the present. For the first time I was able to see myself not as “me”, but as a full adult. I am not a child any long, nor am I that kid in school. More importantly, I don’t want to be. I am happy with the maturity that I have come into. No gift is it, but something earned through life experiences.

Always take stock of who you are, but do not forget from whence you came. The two together will give you glimpses of the tomorrow you are approaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide