Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Loss as a part of Life

Earlier this year I came to the realization that I was an adult. This was a combination of my age and maturity level. It came to me that I absolutely did not approach life with a "young" mindset.

Last month I heard a statistic regarding the "average life span" and I realized that I was at the halfway point. Technically, that would make me "middle age". WOW, now that was a bit of a shock.

Last week my family had a loss. One of my parental figures died. On 2 Nov she first learned about a growth. It was diagnosed as terminal lung cancer. By 30 Nov she had died.

For those people that remain there is the fealings of sadness and dispair. There is loss.

Okay, here is the philosophy portion of this Blog entry:

But life goes hand in hand with loss. For every life there is a death. For every birth there will be someone left behind. Life comprises every moment of our existence, but so does death.

Everything we eat, vegtable or animal, was once alive. Most of the clothes items that we wear are made of plant or animal matter. Ever wonder where "fossil" fuel comes from?

With death there can still be happiness. Yes, there is a loss. But, if treated like the rest of our day to day existence we can view it for the life that was had, not the passing that was. Remember the joy. Remember the happiness. Remember the arguments. Remember the boredom. Remember the fire. That is the stuff of existence. That is life. And with every person that remembers, and grows, and continues, the chain of life is never broken.

1 Comments:

Blogger skeet said...

But still there is loss. Take comfort in memories left behind.

My sympathies, sweet friend.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide