Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

On Picking your Battles...

DON'T DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard the term over and over again. Yesterday I overheard the term from a table conversation at lunch. Today, I read the term in Phantom by Terry Goodkind. It was a very enjoyable book until then.

I can't stand the concept of "picking your battles." Who came up with the idea that a person cannot win every battle. Who supports the idea that the brain cannot come up with an answer to any situation. Who believes that a person can not win by determination, fortitude, courage, and drive?

Not I. Fight. Strive. Win. Succeed. Never bow before the pressure of mediocrity. Face the whirlwind and make it part for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Hahaha...yep, we are two of a kind. It can get tiring tho, but I'm up for it.

I went to a wedding recently where "pick your battles" was given as marriage advice. When most women say that they mean fight some and then become passive-aggressive about the rest. Excellent advice!

What I am getting better about is deciding if there is even a battle. I see so many people getting totally worked up about crap that doesn't directly affect them (e.g., celebrity gossip, other people's choices) or starting a fight that can only serve to screw themselves (I have to say those are just funny and it's hard not to burst out laughing).

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a child and you can't see the wisdom in this advice? Hmm...maybe it's because I'm outnumbered (3 kids) that I can! ;)

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide