Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

"HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - A Husband's Tale

I have been with my wife for over 14 years. If I had to do it again, I would. No question about it, I am hooked. Absolutely, positively in LOVE with this woman.

Okay guys, here's the part that you will understand. For the past 14 years my wonderful wife has been correcting me. I am not only a college graduate, but a lawyer as well. I have argued cases before an international tribunal. I have negotiated land deals. I have prosecuted serious crimes, including attempted murder. Yet, it never fails, I am always wrong. You see, my wife was an English major. One of her daily uses of her education is correcting my speech. I really really REALLY don't like it. This is her effort to improve me. Yes, my use of the English language has improved. I admit the positive benefits do actually exist. But 14 years! Come on!

Well today, it happen. For the first time in the past 15 years that I have known her; 14 years of couplehood, I corrected something my wife said. I smiled, she smiled, she leaned in to give me a well deserved kiss. And I said, HA!, right in her face. Oh, how I love her. But after 14 years of corrections, that "HA!" was the best reward for patience.

2 Comments:

Blogger allysther said...

"Well today, it happen."

"happened", Love.

:P

10:52 AM  
Blogger Zanla said...

See what I mean?

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide