Honest Talk

"Birthed in shadows reaching for the light."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Open minded since 1970.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Welcoming back the Troops

The other day one of our/my soldiers came back from Afghanistan. I had to leave a gathering of friends in order to attend. One person asked me if it was a big deal. Of course I said yes, but she did not seem to get it. "Well, it wouldn't be that way were I used to work." But, I disagreed.

You see, when your life has been in common danger; when you have been shot at; when you have had mortar rounds fired at you; when you might have an IED go off next to your unarmored vehicle you get a bit closer. After that, you are always glad to have someone come home.

This is especially true when you have people still losing their lives and being maimed almost everyday. Cherish those that you have, and do not let the petty things of life get in the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map or check our Venice travel guide